Open Class Car Specifications
- Anyone can enter a car in the Open Class Race.
- Any car is allowed to run except for cars currently entered in this years pinewood derby race.
- Width must not exceed 2 3⁄4”.
- Length must not exceed 7”.
- Height must not exceed 6”.
- Width between wheels must be 1 3⁄4”.
- Bottom clearance between the car and the track must be at least 3/8”
- Weight must not exceed 16.0 ounces.
NOTE: Scales will vary, so be prepared to make adjustments at check-in!
- Car must be freewheeling, with no starting devices, and no springs allowed.
- Wheel/axel lubrication is permitted, but must not be deemed excessive (must pass the cleanliness portion of the inspection).
- Creative detailing is encouraged and allowed, using additional materials, such as wood, metal or plastic, as long as the car fits dimensions and other specifications and rules.
- Car must pass the inspection committee. If you don’t follow the rules, your car may be disqualified!